Burloak Rapid Works DFAM (Design for Additive Manufacture) is an in-house engineering service to enable our customers to qualify and move existing and new designs to additive manufacturing with clearly defined objectives and measurable success factors.
How does Rapid Works work?
- Partner agreement for DFAM and Additive Manufacturing Services
- Customer identifies candidate components
- Problem clearly defined
- Measure of what success would look like (Size, Buy to Fly, Weight, Cost, Function etc)
- Defined (approximate) opportunity (volumes etc) based on success
- Identify design constraints
- Options are developed, evaluated and optimized for additive process
- Process is simulated and cost analysis developed
- Programs that achieve the defined success criteria are put on the fast track at Burloak for manufacture
What can be achieved with Rapid Works?
- Lightweighting with design constraints
- Lattice structures and complex geometries
- Rapid product development
- Reduced: cost, size, weight
- Increased: strength, function, efficiency
- Combine multiple components into one component
- Process improvements
What Technical Services do you offer?
Burloak Technologies' in-house engineering and design services provide extra horsepower for component development and process improvement.
- 3D CAD Modeling & Drafting
- Topology Optimization
- Reverse Engineering
- Tooling Design
- Component Design & Optimization
What about Offline Programming?
Burloak Technologies offers offline programming, simulation and validation for:
- 3, 4 & 5 axis Milling
- 4 axis Turning
- 4 axis Wire EDM
- Additive Manufacturing / 3D Printing